Saturday, February 11, 2017

In Need of a Physician

My favorite scripture that I read this week came from Mark 2:17. It reads:
Image result for christ is our physicianWhen Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
I really love this scripture. I love how it emphasizes the Saviors role in our lives - He isn't only there for those that are perfect or for those that already have their lives together, but He is there for those of us that might not know what we're supposed to doing in life, for those of us that are a little lost or a little lonely. I love this idea that the Savior is there especially for those that are most in need of His healing power and His grace. I love my Savior and I know that He is my physician, and he heals me. Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. My Savior knows exactly how I feel and what I'm going through, and it's through him that I can find my greatest comfort and my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment