Saturday, February 18, 2017

Decade of Decision

I've been thinking a lot lately about what the future holds for me. It's a stressful and worrying prospect, thinking that soon I'll be making decisions that will change the course of my eternity. I'm so blessed to have the scriptures in my life to help guide me and give direction for these moments when the weight of the world and the stress of all the decisions that I have to make starts to take its toll on me.
This week I found particular comfort from this scripture found in the Doctrine and Covenants. It's section 6 verse 36. It reads: Look unto God in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
Image result for christ

This brought me such comfort. Not because it said that everything would be okay, and not because it said that God wouldn't let me mess up. But because it gave me something simple that I can make the decision to do. In a world full of hard decisions where there doesn't seem to be a best decision because everything seems so good, or in situations where the decisions will be made in the future or over time, this simple command is a decision I can make right now. This is a choice I can make that will influence my eternities, but that isn't hard or scary. It's something simple that I know I can handle at this point in my life. I'm grateful for Jesus Christ, I know that when we rely on Him we have no need to doubt or fear because He is our eternal Savior and He loves us with an everlasting love. It will all be okay so long as we look and come unto Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment