Sunday, January 29, 2017

How We Are Healed

This week I've been thinking a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Just recently, my great-grandmother passed away and I came into possession of one of her statues of our Savior. It's of Him kneeling in the Garden of Gethsemane. I have this statue in my room now, and everyday I see my Savior and I think about the Atonement that He performed for me personally. I came across a talk this week by one of the new apostles Elder Dale G. Renlund. It's entitled: Repentance: A Joyful Choice, and it says some beautiful things about the Saviors Atonement and how it comes to heal us. One of my favorite things that he says is,

"The Atonement leaves no tracks, no traces. What it fixes is fixed...it just heals, and what it heals stays healed. The Atonement, which can reclaim each one of us, bears no scars. That means that no matter what we have done or where we have been or how something happened, if we truly repent, the Savior has promised that He would atone. And when He atoned that settles that...The Atonement can wash clean every stain no matter how difficult or how long or how many times repeated."

I love this message about the Atonement. I know that through Jesus Christ we can find happiness and joy, I know that no matter what we have done in the past we can be forgiven and made clean through our Savior. He truly loves us more than we could ever imagine. He didn't perform the Atonement so that we could learn about its theory and think about how wonderful it is that he would do that for us - He did it so that we would use it. He did it so that we can be made clean and be healed. He did it so that we can return to the presence of our Heavenly Father, spotless. I love my Savior and I'm so grateful for His Atonement that heals me.
Image result for statue of jesus kneeling in garden

No comments:

Post a Comment