Saturday, April 15, 2017

Unashamed

One of my favorite scriptures of all time is from Romans 1:16. It reads:
  
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth.

I love that scripture. It was part of scripture mastery in seminary, and it has always stuck with me. I've loved it because I love missionary work and it's my goal to be a missionary one day. I think an important principle that can be drawn from that scripture is that we shouldn't be scared to share the gospel because it truly is our way back to our Heavenly Father, and our way to salvation. Why should we be scared to share something so important and vital to our eternities with our brothers and sisters? I think this is applicable because sometimes I feel that we can be scared to stand up and say, "I'm a Mormon" or be different due to our beliefs. Sometimes it's hard to be the only one with high moral standards or to be the person that stands apart from the crowd. What I gain from this scripture, however, and what you can gain too, is that no matter how hard it is to be different or how scary it is to announce ourselves as members of the church, we shouldn't be scared or ashamed to share with our fellow travelers on Earth the beauty and saving power that is the gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment