Saturday, November 19, 2016

Little Things

This week I have been thinking about serving a mission. I've been wondering if it's the right path for me to take, especially with my physical limitations like arthritis. I felt like maybe I shouldn't try and serve a mission, I would be a hindrance to the mission president, I would probably slow down my companion, and I wouldn't be a good physical fit for a mission. Then I was reading in the Book of Mormon the other day, and I came across this passage in Alma.


6...that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

I love what it says in verse 7 about small means bringing about the salvation of many souls. I am not a big person, I've always been small. I've never been the most physically fit, especially with my arthritis. But I love the idea that even though I'm small, I can still help in the work of salvation. Even though I have a physical ailment, I can still be an instrument in the Lords hands to help save His children. I'm grateful for the chance I have to serve a mission, and I'm grateful that even though I'm small I can still be an instrument in the hands of the Lord.

Image result for future missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment