Sunday, October 30, 2016

Scripture Musings

So this week as I was reading, I got a lot of little insights out of a couple different scriptures, so I'll share those with you today.

John 14:14
   Christ can and will do anything that we ask of Him according to our faith and to Gods will
John 14:16
   Christ left us the Atonement to use. He wants us to use it! He is our second comforter and he knows   exactly how we feel at any given moment because he suffered, bled, and died for us.
1 Nephi 1-2
   Nephi cried unto the Lord for his brothers. Do I cry unto the Lord for my own siblings and for       
   those I love? Do I cry unto the Lord for the benefit of the other people in my life? Of course
   everyone has agency and whether or not they'll follow the Savior is up to them, but crying unto the
   Lord for that person can help to soften their heart towards the truth, and of course asking the Lord
   to help someone we care about can never hurt.

I love that we have scriptures given to us from our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I'm so glad that I am blessed to live in a world where we have the ability to read these wonderful scriptures, and that I live in a country where I am able to practice my religion freely. I'm so grateful for my Heavenly Father and for these wonderful scritptures that he has provided us to bless our lives and help us draw nearer to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment