Monday, November 14, 2016

All His Children

Image result for book of mormon

This week I spent some time reading in 2nd Nephi, and one of the chapters that I spent some time on was chapter 29. This chapter is all about the Lord talking to Nephi, and telling him about how there will be many who reject the Book of Mormon and say that they only need a Bible. In this chapter, something that the Lord says I absolutely love. Even though most of this chapter is pretty "doom" on those who decide that they don't need any more scripture than that of the Bible, I love what He says in verse 7. He says:

Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?

I love this because He talks about how He knows all of His children. He loves each and every one of His children, and He is mindful and cares for all of us. I think this is so comforting, and I also think that this is such proof that there is a God in heaven who loves His children with an everlasting and incomprehensible love. He cares for all of his children so much, so of course He speaks to them. Of course He would talk to His children living in the Americas, just as he spoke to His children living in Jerusalem or in Egypt. He doesn't love any of His children more than others, and it makes perfect sense that a perfect God would speak to and give loving direction to all of His children here on Earth. I think this is applicable to us, because it truly means that the Book of Mormon is the word of God to His children, just as the Bible is the word of God to His children.

I love that our Heavenly Father is mindful of us, and cares enough about each and every one of us to give us direction and guidance in our daily lives and through the words of his scriptures and prophets.

No comments:

Post a Comment